Content

Oscar Winner Resul Pookutty Released His Auto Biography In Malayalam


Resul Pookutty, the first Indian sound engineer to win an Oscar, has just released his auto biography in Malayalam. The book is called Shabdatharapadham (The Sound of Milky Way).


Talking about the book, he said, “I laughed at the thought when Penguin asked me to write a book on myself. I never thought there will be a book on my life. But then I realized that I can talk about music and how it is my passion, and I can talk about cinema too,” said Pookutty at the book's release.

Resul has written the book with the help of Baiju Natarajan, and he said, “Baiju recorded everything I told him, and then we wrote the book. I call him the second Resul because he knows me very well, and has been with me for a long time."

Resul says he loves cinema so much that he might even make a movie himself.

“I am very much passionate about film-making, and I even have a script ready. If you ask me to direct tomorrow, I will direct it. But I am also happy with my career as a sound engineer, so let me grow in that first, and then turn to direction."

So, which star does Resul hope to cast in his film when he finally makes it? Amitabh Bachchan, of course. "He's my favourite, and nobody can act like him," says Resul.

Blog Archive