Content

Hollywood star Russell Crowe wants to do a typical Bollywood movie


Hollywood star Russell Crowe wants to do a typical Bollywood movie and says he can do his own singing and can dance a little bit too. The actor, whose "Robin Hood" opened the 63rd Cannes International film festival, is even talking to a couple of Indian financiers.


"I don't mean a typical Hollywood film that happens to be set in India, but a Bollywood film," Crowe told dailymail.co.uk journalist Baz Bamigboye in Cannes.

"The script would have to be right, and I'd have to understand completely what I was doing. But I fancy having a go. I can do my own singing and I can dance a little bit," he added.

Crowe has long been lead singer and guitarist for his band 30 odd Foot of Grunts, and earlier on in his career he trod the boards in Australia in a musical or two, including The Rocky Horror show.

"I'm in no hurry. If something comes my way, fine; if it doesn't, so be it," said Crowe.

Crowe may have the singing and dancing to go to Bollywood, but what about the lingo?

When asked if he could speak any Hindi, Crowe said: "No, mate."

Crowe follows "Robin Hood" with a feature he made with Paul Haggis called "The Next Three Days".

Based on the French thriller "Anything For Her", which starred Diane Kruger and Vincent Lindon, it's about a husband who helps his wife when she's accused of murder.

Blog Archive