Content

Kailash Kher Perform At Commonwealth Games


Kailash Kher and his band Kailasa will perform at the Commonwealth Games in Delhi. The 90-minute show will be part of the daylong Qutub Festival, which is held annually at the Qutub Complex.

The festival, which generally takes place in November or December, will be held in October this year to coincide with the Commonwealth Games. The event is organised by the Sahitya Kala Parishad in collaboration with the Delhi government.

Great response

Says Kher, "I am excited and looking forward to it. Each time we perform in Delhi, we get a tremendous response. We have played all over the world, but this time, it's going to be wow!" Currently, a lot of questions are being raised about the games' kickoff, due to incomplete projects. But Kher has other worries. "I am not concerned about the games starting on time. I know they will start on schedule. My only fear is security, as there will be thousands of people thronging the show," he adds.

Being sporty

The singer had earlier performed at the IPL games with Akshay Kumar for the Delhi Daredevils. "I started my career with sports, by doing a jingle for the 2002 Cricket World Cup. That's when I came into limelight," he states.

Kher reveals that he might take stage at the Commonwealth Games, as well. "I may perform for the closing ceremony of the Commonwealth Games. But nothing is finalised as yet," he says.

Blog Archive