Content

Dia Mirza Is All Set To Turn Producer


Dia Mirza is all set to turn producer. "You can expect an announcement next week. I should have locked my script by then," she says, crossing her fingers. She could be playing the lead, with Zayed Khan opposite her.

Mirza would like to make biopics. "I'm inspired by the true-life stories of painter Amrita Shergill, Bharat Natyam dancer Rukmani Devi and poet and freedom fighter Sarojini Naidu. I'd like to recreate their lives some day," she says.

One of her films, Johnny Mastana, has been ready for a year. Mirza hopes it will release soon and silence those who have been saying that the film has been stalled. My best performance "The delay is because of a tussle between UTV and Twentieth Century Fox over the rights. It is my best performance yet," asserts the actress.

None of her films have worked in the last three years, including Arshad Warsi's first home production, Hum Tum Aur Ghost. "I've really worked hard on them," sighs Dia, who's considering two scripts she's heard over the last couple of weeks. "I don't want any more failures."

Blog Archive