Content

Katrina Kaif At Barbie 50th Birthday Celebrations

Katrina Kaif Barbie

Katrina Kaif now has a Barbie modelled on her. Last year, the actor was a part of the iconic doll’s 50th birthday celebrations, and the single piece Barbie, launched recently, will have replicas out on the shelves by next year.

Katrina is visibly excited about being Barbie’s chosen one from Bollywood. For her, it’s a great way to connect with kids who form a large part of her audience, as Barbie has been an important part of every child’s growing years.

She says, "My six sisters and I shared a couple of dolls between us. We had our tea parties and our fights too. I remember one time, when my sister, the one who’s a year older than me, and I were tugging at a doll and ripped her arm off. That Barbie was never replaced. It remains one of my most poignant memories."

Meanwhile, Katrina is gearing up for the release of her next film, Farah Khan’s much-anticipated Tees Maar Khan (TMK). "These days, I’m being called Barbie and Sheila, half and half," she laughs, referring to the sizzling song from the film, ’Sheila ki jawaani...’.

"Yes, I’ve worn a half-sari, but the song is not so much about clothes as it is about the attitude. That’s Farah’s strength," she points out. It’s an item song featuring a struggling actor with big Bollywood dreams. Did Sheila bring back any memories of her struggling days? "Nooo," she chuckles. "It’s a tongue-in-cheek take on our item songs and Sheila is a naive and not-too-clever girl. There was no emotional connect. But I had a blast shooting it and the train sequences."

Rumours have it that she’s done a ’Chaiya chaiya...’ atop a train. "I didn’t," she retorts. "But there are key visuals of the train and the climax was shot around it with me hanging out and Akshay (Kumar) supporting my weight. No, I wasn’t apprehensive because action scenes with Akshay are always safe. He’s experienced and careful and I trust him immensely. In fact, Akshay and I have had an amazing run at the box-office with films such as Namaste London (2007) and Singh Is Kingg (2008) and I hope it continues with TMK. It would be a great way to end the year!"

The Christmas release, however, has thrown Katrina’s holiday plans for a six. "I’ve made no plans since TMK opens on December 24 and I may be required to do a bit of work promoting it during the New Year too," she reasons. "So Christmas will be here this year. Maybe one of my sisters will join me."

Will she be seen on reality shows to promote the film; KBC, MasterChef, or Bigg Boss? "Maybe one or two, but we won’t overdo it. I have no idea which ones we’ll be on." There’s talk of a sequel? "It’s the current fad and Farah’s call," she says. "I’d love to work with her again. But for now, the only sequel I’m doing is Dostana 2 and I’m really excited about it." No Race 2? "No," she clarifies. "Remember I was killed in a car crash at the end of Part 1? And since the follow-up has no ghost track, I really can’t make a spirited comeback." Touche!

Blog Archive