Content

Adnan Sami Is Readying To Make An Acting Debut

Adnan Sami looks set to sing a different tune. After wowing fans with his mellifluous voice, the singer-musician is readying to make an acting debut in a “mad comedy”, written and produced by writer-lyricist Irfan Siddiqui. Rumours had suggested that ex-wife Sabah Galadari was to produce his acting debut.

“Yes, it’s expected to go on the floors in summer 2011. It’s a funny script with loads of gags. Besides acting, I’ll also be composing music for it,” says Sami, adding, “If the producers feel I can do justice to the music score, they will ask me themselves. I will only ask to sing my own songs in the films. It would look weird if I sounded like someone else in the song sequences, especially since people recognise my voice,” he says.

Adnan SamiSami also reveals that another script, a dramatic love story, is being worked on. “Filmmaking demands a lot of patience from you,” he says.

The Bheegi bheegi raaton mein... singer is, though, confident that he doesn’t want to play a musician in all his films. He says: “Usually, people feel, ‘musician hai toh musician hi banega.’ (If he is a musician, then he’ll act as one too). But I won’t fall in that rut.” Sami also throws light on his now-shelved project with debutante Bela Segal, director Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s sister.

“Bela had written a script about an obese man searching for love. But by the time she came to me with the script, I had lost around 145 kgs and didn’t fit the role. And I wasn’t going to gain weight again for a film,” he says.

By Hindustan Times

Adnan Sami